Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Let it Snow

It's snowing right now, big fat fluffy snowflakes that are hard to see in this picture.


I'm sitting inside with my Christmas flavored coffee in my Christmas mug and lovely smelling Christmas tree,  Christmas shopping on the computer and admiring my Christmas ornaments.


Here's one of my favorites: "Candy Cane Kitten." When we were little, my Mom gave us an ornament every year and she would try to stick with a series. The first ones I remember are these porcelain Hallmark cats. I have three of them, and they were probably made in the late 80's or early 90's. I could not wait to get them out every Christmas and Heaven help my brothers or sister if they laid a paw on these little kittens or tried to hang them on the tree. I still enjoy getting them out and remembering Christmases gone by.

2 comments:

  1. Ok super jealous of that scenario. Hey do you think I'll have any trouble driving up next weekend? And my fav ornaments are 2 cabbage patch dolls that grip the branches. I never noticed anything odd about them until my brother's girlfriend Shana asked why their coloring was so weird. They do have a grayish tint to them. I guess they're vampire cabbage patch dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That whole situation there seems super relaxing. I'm so glad it snowed yesterday- I got a few decorations put up :)
    I hope it snows at the farm!

    ReplyDelete