Thursday, August 25, 2011

Stitchin'

I finally got around to trying a couple of the ideas from Doodle Stitching by Aimee Ray that I posted about HERE. It's such an adorable book! I decided to start out with some simple tea or guest towels. I found a heavy weight 100% cotton that was perfect for my project at Hancocks, on sale at 40% off! It's absorbent and the weave is nice for embroidery, you could count threads if you were a perfectionist like that. Unfortunately this does not describe me, but...

I'm really excited with how the first two attempts turned out! I used designs from Aimee's book that I drew out freehand, changing some of the colors based on the embroidery floss that I already had in stock.





The towels measure 15" by about 25". I turned the edges under twice and mitered the corners before hemming. See my blanket tutorial for instructions on how to miter corners.

Can't wait to embellish on the fresh pack of white baby onesies that I picked up yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment